Of the two basic function groups for crystals/stones, those which give off energy and those that filter energies, Tektite is in the energy producer group. This is due to the way it forms.
Tektites are the product of large meteor impacts, such as during the heavy bombardment period. The immense energy of such an impact is so great that the ground material is literally liquified and sprayed out from the site. This molten rock spray then cools as it travels through the air and droplets of rock rain down on the surrounding area. What we call Tektites are those rock droplets.
KEY MINERALOGICAL INFO
- Natural glass formed from terrestrial debris ejected during meteoric impacts
- Color range: black, green, brown, or gray
- Found in United States, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, and throughout northwest Africa
- Mohs hardness rating of 5.5-6.5
- Comprised mainly of silicate
KEY METAPHYSICAL INFO
- Activates all 7 chakras
- High frequency of resonance
- Raises one's psychic potential
- Facilitates connection to and communication with higher dimensions and beings
- Zodiac association: All signs; Planet: Earth